Grandma's Mouth-Watering Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add milk and flour mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffins cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
Uncle Melvin's Blueberry Dessert
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cups butter, melted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for topping, and press the rest of the crumbs into the bottom of a 7x11 inch baking pan. Set aside to chill in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Spread evenly over the chilled crumb layer. Spread the pie filling over the cream cheese layer, and chill while preparing the whipped cream.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff, then spread over the top of the blueberry layer. Sprinkle the top with the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture and keep chilled until serving time.